Permanent, Full time
Salary Range $51,000 - $60,000
“Would you like to work as part of an agile, collaborative and energetic Ministry in a central Wellington location?”
“An exciting opportunity has arisen to work at the forefront of New Zealand’s cultural and heritage sector, supporting the Ministry’s Delivery function.”
Manatū Taonga – the Ministry for Culture and Heritage – is a small Ministry with approximately 115 staff based at the historic Public Trust building in central Wellington. We operate a lean and flat structure although our mandate and reach is wide. We pride ourselves on our agility and our open, collaborative and supportive culture and high levels of engagement.
We are looking for a high-performing Graduate or Assistant Adviser. Reporting directly to the Group Manager, Delivery you will also work close with the Delivery Group leadership team.
Amongst your responsibilities you wil
- Provide executive support and advice to the Group Manager
- Coordinate the Groups’ work programme
- Contribute to the delivery of cultural and heritage services
- Give advice on continuous improvement initiatives and operational policy
This position will suit someone with an interest in developing their knowledge and skills in the public service, in a fast paced, delivery focused role.
You will be able to communicate ideas clearly and logically, with a flexible ‘can do’ attitude.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent skills
- An ability to be discrete and maintain confidentiality
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, confident in building strong relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- A proactive approach to problem solving using initiative and maximising resource
- Be bright, highly motivated and passionate with good old fashioned work ethic!
- Cultural knowledge and understanding of issues in the cultural sector
- An understanding of government processes
A position description for this role is attached. For enquiries about this position please contact Liz Quaye Liz.Quaye@mch.govt.nz
To apply for this position, please send your CV, covering letter and complete the application form via jobs.govt.nz.
Applications close: Monday 23 October 2017
Manatū Taonga, the Ministry for Culture and Heritage, works to enrich the lives of all New Zealanders by supporting Aotearoa New Zealand’s dynamic culture and preserving our heritage. The Ministry supports many of New Zealand’s arts, media, heritage and sports organisations, advises government on cultural matters and provides research and resources for everyone to access.
Updated on 2nd October 2017