The Ministry administers a number of Acts of Parliament and Regulations relating to the arts, culture, broadcasting and sports sectors.
- Anzac Day Act 1966
- Arts Council of New Zealand Toi Aotearoa Act 1994 (The Arts Council of New Zealand Toi Aotearoa Act 2014 was passed on 29 January 2014 and Royal Assent was given on 31 January 2014. The Act commences three months after the date of Royal Assent).
- Broadcasting Act 1989 (Parts I-IV and Section 81)
- Cultural Property (Protection in Armed Conflict) Act 2012
- Flags, Emblems and Names Protection Act 1981
- Historic Places Act 1993
- Massey Burial Ground Act 1925
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa Act 1992
- National War Memorial Act 1992
- New Zealand Film Commission Act 1978
- New Zealand Symphony Orchestra Act 2004
- Protected Objects Act 1975
- Radio New Zealand Act 1995
- Radio New Zealand Act (No 2) 1995
- Seddon Family Burial Ground Act 1924
- Sovereign's Birthday Observance Act 1952
- Television New Zealand Act 2003
- Waitangi Day Act 1976
- Canterbury Earthquake (Historic Places Act) Order 2011 (2011/231)
- Historic Places Trust Elections Regulations 1993 (SR 1993/302)
- Television New Zealand (Separation of Transmission Business) Order 2003 (SR 2003/323)
- Cultural Property (Protection in Armed Conflict) (Convention Emblem) Regulations 2013(SR 2013/193)
- Cultural Property (Protection in Armed Conflict) (Forms) Regulations 2013(SR 2013/194)
You can see online versions of these Acts and Regulations on the New Zealand Legislation website.
The New Zealand Legislation website at legislation.govt.nz is now a source of official legislation. Previously, only printed legislation from the Parliamentary Counsel Office or the New Zealand Government was official.
All website users will benefit from official online legislation, because its accuracy has been checked and assured. And access to official online legislation will save time and effort for all those involved in Court proceedings.
View the Attorney-General's media statement.
More details about what official legislation means, and which versions are official.
Enforcement and Prosecution policies
The Ministry's enforcement and prosecution policies for relevant legislation are available below.
- Enforcement policy and principles for the Broadcasting Act 1989
- Enforcement policy and principles for the Flags, Emblems and Names Protection Act 1981
- Enforcement policy and principles for the Protected Objects Act 1975.