The Ministry administers a number of Acts of Parliament and Regulations relating to the arts, culture, broadcasting and sports sectors.
- Anzac Day Act 1966
- Arts Council of New Zealand Toi Aotearoa Act 2014
- Broadcasting Act 1989 (Parts I-IV and Section 81)
- Cultural Property (Protection in Armed Conflict) Act 2012
- Flags, Emblems and Names Protection Act 1981
- Heritage New Zealand Pouhere Taonga Act 2014
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa Act 1992
- National War Memorial Act 1992
- National War Memorial Park (Pukeahu) Empowering Act 2012
- New Zealand Film Commission Act 1978
- New Zealand Symphony Orchestra Act 2004
- Protected Objects Act 1975
- Radio New Zealand Act 1995
- Radio New Zealand Act (No 2) 1995
- Seddon Family Burial Ground Act 1924
- Sovereign's Birthday Observance Act 1952
- Television New Zealand Act 2003
- Waitangi Day Act 1976
- Canterbury Earthquake (Historic Places Act) Order 2011 (2011/231)
- Cultural Property (Protection in Armed Conflict) (Convention Emblem) Regulations 2013
- Cultural Property (Protection in Armed Conflict) (Forms) Regulations 2013
- New Zealand Flag Notice 1986
- Radio New Zealand (Assets) Order 1992
- Television New Zealand (Separation of Transmission Business) Order 2003
- Television New Zealand (Assets) Order 1994
Order in Council
National War Memorial Park (Pukeahu) Empowering Act 2014, Order in Council, pursuant to section 25 of the Act, dated 30 June 2014.
You can see online versions of these Acts and Regulations on the New Zealand Legislation website.
The New Zealand Legislation website at legislation.govt.nz is now a source of official legislation. Previously, only printed legislation from the Parliamentary Counsel Office or the New Zealand Government was official.
View the Attorney-General's January 2014 media statement.
Read more details about what official legislation means, and which versions are official on the Parliamentary Counsel Office's website.
Enforcement and Prosecution policies
The Ministry's enforcement and prosecution policies for relevant legislation are available below.
Enforcement policy and principles for the Protected Objects Act 1975 (word doc)
Enforcement and Prosecution Policy and Principles for the Protected Objects Act 1975 (D-0489994).DOC (144.5 KB)
Enforcement policy and principles for the Flags, Emblems and Names Protection Act 1981 (word doc)