Creative New Zealand - Arts Council of New Zealand Toi Aotearoa
Established in 1994 from a range of arts bodies, Creative New Zealand is the national agency for the development of the arts in New Zealand.
The Ministry manages the Crown relationship with Creative New Zealand administering its funding and appointments to its Council and monitoring its reporting and performance measures.
The Arts Council of New Zealand Toi Aotearoa Act 2014 which streamlined the governance of Creative New Zealand commenced on 01 May 2014.
- Chief Executive - Stephen Wainwright
- Tel (04) 473 0880
- Postal Address - PO Box 3806, Wellington 6140
- Physical address is Aorangi House, Level 10, 85 Molesworth Street, Wellington 6011.
Arts Council of New Zealand - Creative New Zealand Arts Council
All members of the Council are appointed by the Minister for Arts, Culture and Heritage. Māori member appointments to the Council must be done in consultation with the Minister of Māori Affairs.
The new Arts Council replaces the three statutory boards and a statutory committee under previous legislation. The Arts Council continues to operate under the name Creative New Zealand.
Board Membership (expiry term in brackets):
- Richard Grant – Chair (April 2017)
- Michael Moynahan - Deputy Chair (Nov 2017)
- Suzanne Ellison (April 2017)
- Rose Evans (April 2017)
- Hon Luamanuvao Winnie Laban (June 2018)
- Wayne Marriott (June 2019)
- Michael Prentice (April 2017)
- Caren Rangi (April 2017)
- Andrew Caisley (June 2018)
- Dame Jenny Gibbs (June 2019)
- Roger King (June 2019)
- Karl Johnstone (June 2019)
- Taiarahia Black (June 2019)