New Zealand Symphony Orchestra - Te Tira Pūoro o Aotearoa
Since being established in 1946, the orchestra has undertaken a range of activities including education programmes, accompanying opera, ballet and festival productions, commercial recording, broadcasts, international touring and film scores.
The Ministry manages the orchestra's relationship with the Crown and administers its government funding.
- Chair – Donald Best
- Chief Executive – Christopher Blake
- Tel (04) 801 3890 and 0800 479 674
- Postal Address - PO Box 6640, Wellington 6141
All members of the board are appointed by the Minister for Arts, Culture and Heritage. The New Zealand Symphony Orchestra Board must consist of not fewer than five members and not more than eight members.
Board Membership (expiry term in brackets):
- Donald Best – Chair (July 2014)
- Georgia Farmer (July 2015)
- Lisa Bates ( July 2014)
- Colleen Marshall (July 2014)
- Marie Brown (July 2014)
- Roger Taylor (July 2012)
- Peter Diessl (July 2013)