You can apply to the fund for events that are themed on the commemoration of the signing of the Treaty of Waitangi, and that:
- promote nation and community building
- encourage wide community participation
- promote a cultural experience
- take place on or near Waitangi Day (6 February).
How to apply
Applications are normally called for in the middle of each year. You’ll find closing date details on this website and in regional newspapers. Applications for 2013 closed on Friday 28 September 2012.
You can get a Commemorating Waitangi Day Fund application form from Department of Internal Affairs Community Development offices, Te Puni Kōkiri regional offices or download it here (when applications are open).
Make sure you complete every section of the form and include:
- one document proving entity status, such as a current constitution or trust deed and certificate of incorporation, or a letter from your District Māori Council / appropriate iwi authority, or a copy of a Māori Land Court Order, or bank account details, or proof of organisational structure and/or copies of minutes of meetings
- a detailed description of your event
- a proposed budget for your event
- at least two current letters of support that are specific to the event.
Send your application to:
Commemorating Waitangi Day Fund
Ministry for Culture and Heritage
PO Box 5364
To find out more call us on (04) 499 4229 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.