Search for Funding Opportunities
- Query Search
- Keyword Search
Dorothy Daniels Dance Foundation
Purpose and objectives
Professional or semi-professional dancers, dance students or dance teachers are eligible to apply for assistance to attend short term courses, workshops, competitions or festivals.
NB Full time training courses at the NZ School of Dance or other tertiary institutions would NOT BE ELIGIBLE.
To make awards to professional or semi-professional dancers or dance teachers for short-term projects to study or attend special events eg competitions, or to assist with equipment.
Dorothy Daniels MBE was a prominent dance teacher and examiner, co-instigator, director,National School of Ballet, Board Member New Zealand Ballet.
Award value and tenure
Number of awards
Refer to application organisation.
Owing to limited funds available, awards are necessarily modest.
Maximum of three months.
How to apply
01/04/2015 01/10/2015 1 April and 1 October each year.
Information required with application
Application form and guidelines are available from the contact person provided, or your local DIA Community Development Group Advisor, or Quest Rapuara.
* Please paper-clip proposal - do NOT staple, bind or put application into plastic pages - proposals needs to be approximately 5 pages and 5 copies sent for the Trustees
* One copy of an appendix of supporting information may be added.
* Applications sent by e-mail or fax will NOT be accepted
Trustees of Dorothy Daniels Dance Foundation.
Applicants are notified of the decision within six weeks.
Conditions of acceptance
Successful applicants are required to submit a written report within one month of the conclusion of the project.
Acknowledgement should be given of the Dorothy Daniels Dance Foundation where appropriate.
Further information available from
Applicants should submit:
* Outline of project including dates
* Budget - Expenditure
* Anticipated Income (State to who other applications have been made, and outcomes when known, and, if applicable, projected box office, performance or tutoring fees, honoraria, royalties...)
* Curriculum vitae (max 2 pages)
* Benefits of the project to
- dance in New Zealand
* 2 professional references (no more than one year old)
* Any relevant supporting information (this will not necessarily be copied to all Trustees)
Phone: (04) 476 8369 or (04) 384 1300
Fax: (04) 476 8754
PO Box 17215 Wellington